Forging The Journey
The owners of two small business get together to share their real-time journey through the highs and lows of entrepreneurship.
- Forging The Journey E89: New Website | Collaborating | Black Friday | Ice Breakby forgingthejourney on November 20, 2020 at 1:00 PM
TATargets comes out with a new website. Colaborating with other companies is a great way to grow and expand. Preparing for Black Friday insanity. Ice Break has two questions this week!
- Forging The Journey E88: Podcast Anniversary | Election | Hunting | SHOT Showby forgingthejourney on November 13, 2020 at 1:46 PM
A lot is covered this week. 2 years of Forging The Journey Podcast, election thoughts, Graig trying deer hunting, SHOT Show is cancelled and more.
- Forging The Journey E87: Elections and Shooting Eventsby forgingthejourney on November 6, 2020 at 1:39 PM
This week Graig and Jared briefly discuss the election. Jared talks about his time with Warrior Poets John Lovell. Graig talks about the Ohio Range Day and some of the difficulties and challenges of attending events. Jared says he plans on not attending any events in 2021 and Graig said he would like to attend every event he can.
- Forging The Journey E86: Bourbon With NeoMagby forgingthejourney on October 30, 2020 at 8:39 PM
This week Graig has his full time staff join him on the podcast in Jareds absence. They talk about the origins of each of the guys journey into and with the company, candles are the new hot thing, sourcing out work and more.
- Forging The Journey E85: Innovate Or Dieby forgingthejourney on October 23, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Jared finally goes to the cabin. Graig and Jared discuss how perspective has changed on their business this year. As responsiblities change for both Graig and Jared they discuss if its good or bad for the growth of the company and innovation.
- Forging The Journey E84: Time To Make Movesby forgingthejourney on October 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Jared talks about the benefits of new hires at TA Targets. Graig hires a machist.
- Forging The Journey E83: Stressed Outby forgingthejourney on October 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM
This week Graig and Jared briefly give an update on what's happening in their business. Jared is moving into more of a management position by adding some new employees. NeoMag has expanded into their new shop and is getting ready to accept a new HAAS CNC machine this week. Graig discusses how the recent growth and slight downturn in sales is creating stress about the future.
- Forging The Journey E82: Better At Half Speedby forgingthejourney on September 18, 2020 at 1:17 PM
This week the guys discuss struggling at managing people and the lessons they are learning, managing time, The podcast is better at half speed, and Ice Break question "Shotgun or lever action rifle?"
- Forging The Journey E81: Exposure Bucks & Rhythmic Wigglingby forgingthejourney on September 4, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Graig wants to trade "exposure bucks" to Jared for some of his product. NeoMag buys another CNC machine. A discussion about how important clear job descriptions are for both the employee and employer is. Graig gets angry about TikTok and Jared coins the term "Rhythmic Wiggling."
- Forging The Journey E80: I'm like waterby forgingthejourney on August 28, 2020 at 12:00 PM
Jared and Graig talk about the recent happenings in their small business. Graig and Jared have a theory that hiring people does not reduce their work load. It only expands the company and creates more work. Graig makes the decision to move forward with a shop expansion. Doubling their shop space in an effort to stay functional and grow. Jared talks about his visit with Geissele. They talk about how much Geissele has put into their building and what all they are able to do in house. The conversation moves toward talking about coming up with a process to keep track of materials coming and going from their facility.